Domenico Corrado (Italy)
- Full Professor of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Padova Medical School, Padova
- Director, Inherited Arrhythmogenic Cardiomyopathy & Sports Cardiology Unit, Department of Cardiac, Thoracic and Vascular Sciences, University of Padova Medical School, Padova, Italy
- Past-president of the Section of Sports Cardiology of the European Society of Cardiology
- Past-president of the Italian Society of Sports Cardiology
- Over 400 peer-reviewed publications in Cardiological journals (including New England Journal of Medicine, Lancet, Circulation and Journal of American College of Cardiology)
- Current Scopus h-index =93
Invited Faculty to European and North-American Centres and Symposia.
- Fellow and Member of National and International Societies.
- Reviewer of most major Cardiological Journals (including NEJM, JAMA, Lancet, Circulation, Journal of the American College of Cardiology, and European Heart Journal)
- Major research interests include: Epidemiology, pathology and pathophysiology of sudden death in young people and athletes; Genetic and morphologic basis of inherited conditions at risk of arrhythmic sudden death; Preparticipation screening strategy for identification of cardiovascular diseases at risk of sudden death during sports; Interpretation of athlete’s ECG; Criteria for diagnosis of Arrhythmogenic Cardiomyopathies; Value and limitation of electrophysiologic evaluation in inherited cardiomyopathies and cardiac ion channel diseases; Implantable cardioverter defibrillator, therapy for prevention of sudden arrhythmic death in inherited cardiomyopathies and cardiac ion channel diseases.